Teaching Ms. Maple (Part Two)

June 19, 1896
Charles Birchwood

I slept very well. At least until Caroline insisted on waking me at the usual time despite my late arrival the previous the evening. Were it not for Pollyanna Maple, waiting for me in Mr. Carrington’s study, I might have taken the time to discuss the matter in detail with Caroline. Instead, I gave her three swats with my hand which she no doubt took as more playful than warning.

“Did you resolve matters with Ms. Maple to your satisfaction?” Caroline asked while I was dressing for the day.

“Not entirely. We did make some progress but the hour was late. After breakfast I shall see to the remainder.”

“She will be here?”

“Yes, she stayed the night.”

“She’s very pretty.”

“Is she?”

“Do not tell me you have not noticed. She’s hardly more than a schoolgirl herself.”

“Ms. Maple is a colleague, my dear. It would be entirely inappropriate for me to view her in such a manner.”

Caroline laughed.

“That all may very well be true but you are still a man, Charles.” She said.

“You have insinuated more than I should allow all ready but if you are wise and stop now, I will pretend I did not notice.”

“Don’t be grumpy, Charles.”

“I am not grumpy. I am tired from too short a night’s sleep.”

“Six of one, half a dozen of the other.” She said in hushed tones.

I am nearly certain I was not meant to hear her comment. I finished tying the laces on my shoes and stood up. I will likely live to regret it, but I chose to ignore her quip in favor of breakfast.
I had a quiet word with Alexander before breakfast only to discover he was all ready aware of Ms. Maple’s location. From his perspective she was quite docile and ready to cooperate. I am not surprised but I do expect she is not fully broken yet. No doubt she feels rather trapped at the moment and has accepted she must cooperate in order to reclaim her freedom. It would therefore be a catastrophic mistake to assume an emotional breakthrough when a woman’s twisted logic is still intact.


Alexander seemed not to understand but I would have rather he found her angry and crying. In that manner I would at least know she was through playing games. No, Ms. Maple and I have a long path ahead of us still and I do not presume the end to be near. We have several week until the school is occupied again and I will make good use of that time so far as Ms. Maple’s laziness is concerned.

Breakfast was as delicious as normal. Mrs. Carrington even made a stack of pancakes. My children will be forever grateful when they manage to rise from their beds. While I carefully snacked on crisp bacon and buttered toast, I felt a twinge of jealousy. I too would enjoy the freedom to sleep as much of the day as I wished. I glanced at Caroline and she smiled at me across the table.

With a stifled yawn, I excused myself from the table and headed directly to the study. I unlocked the door, knocked twice and then opened it.

“Are you decent?” I asked as I stepped inside.

I chuckled as I turned to close and lock the door.

“Of course you are not. How silly of me to ask.” I said.

Pollyanna sat on the floor with her knees hugging her chest. He face was wet with fresh tears and from her red eyes I would venture she had slept even less than me. She did not appear amused at my attempt at humor.

“Good morning, Pollyanna.” I said, standing over her.

She remained mute.

“I can see I have my work cut out for me still. Do you still desire a spanking for your laziness?” I asked.

“Will you let me go after it is done?” She asked.

“Is that the only reason you asked for it?”

“I thought it was what you wanted.”

“I know you did. It is not.”

“Then what is it you want from me?” She cried.

“What I want is irrelevant. We are here for you.”

“Just do what you are going to do!”

“Perhaps we do need to set the mood better.”

I took an armless chair from in front of the desk and turned it around before sitting in it. I patted my lap with my left hand and beckoned her with my right. She did not move.

“Come here, Pollyanna.” I ordered.

There was clearly resistance still in her but she stood up and crossed the short space between us to stand at my side. It was clear from her stance, the shifting feet and nervous hands, she knew what was coming. I pulled her down over my lap.

I rested my hand on her upturned buttocks and she kicked her legs in response. I chuckled.

“Kick all you want, Pollyanna. It will not make a difference.”

She kicked her legs more in response. I slapped my hand down on her soft bubbles of flesh. I am always amazed at the effectiveness of my hand in this regard. A single slap of little effort and a pink print of my hand is visible almost instantly. In time the pinkness covers her entire bottom and in this way I know my hand has covered every inch of her sensitive flesh.

I continued the spanking well past the point of total pinkness. The loud rhythmic slaps were almost like a drum beat echoing in the small room. I let my hand drift lower from her buttocks and onto her thighs and pleased myself by creating a slightly different sound. For pure amusement I alternated between buttocks and thighs with my hand.

I listened to the sound of the slaps and varied the tempo until I found I nice harmony. In the moment I imagine a unique orchestra. Instead of instruments each musician had a young lady on his lap, her buttocks bare. The women were of varying sizes and grouped together by commonality just as instruments are. Some used their hands others used a wide variety of implements, from rulers to straps to switches, to play their lady’s bottom. The music was inspiring.

A silly fantasy, but it amused me. Pollyanna finally stopped kicking and squirming over my lap. It was so nice I continued to spank her for several more minutes while all she managed to do was cry. When I did stop she seemed not to notice and cruelly I contemplated continuing.

I lifted her from my lap after a few moment when her tears seemed to drying. She looked at me with sad eyes and knelt on the floor beside me, unmoving. Caroline is right, she is beautiful.
I brush my hand through her hair and gave her a supportive smile. She blushed slightly and looked down at my feet.


“I am sorry, Mr. Birchwood.” She said.

“What are you sorry for?” I asked.

“Acting like a spoilt brat.”

I chuckled.

“Is that what you call your behavior?”

“Yes.”

“Now then, what are we going to do about your laziness?” I asked.

“I thought you….” She trailed off.

“You thought this spanking was for it?” I asked.

She nodded her head.

“No, Pollyanna. That was to get your attention.”

“I do not think I can take anymore.” She cried.

“I am quite certain you can.”

“But I said I was sorry.”

“Yes, you did and perhaps at some point you might mean it.”

She swallowed hard. I realized then that she was still holding on to her stubborness. I pulled the key from my pocket and held it out. She looked at it and then at me with questioning eyes.

“Take this and leave if you wish. I will not keep you longer against your will. There will be no improvement if you do not wish it for yourself.”

Her hand shook as she took the key from me. The look on her face told me she expected me to pull it back at the last moment. I did not.

She carefully rose to her feet and backed up to the door. She put the key in the lock and then suddenly turned back to me.

“My clothes?” She asked as if only then did she realize she was naked.

“They went in the laundry. Perhaps Miss Bowen might loan you something. You could take the opportunity to apologize to her.” I replied.

She huffed at me.

“Suit yourself.” I said.

She opened the door and fled at a run. I heard surprised shouts from Mrs. Carrington and Caroline which made me smile. I stood up and left the room. I joined my wife and Mrs. Carrington in the main hall.

They were doing their best to listen to Edith and Pollyanna without being conspicuous. The two women were on the stairs and Edith was politely refusing Pollyanna’s demands that she give her clothing at once.

A few moments later and a red faced and red bottomed Pollyanna Maple ran out the front door of Carrington Manor, stark naked. Edith descended the stairs with a bright, beautiful smile and laughter in her eyes. Only then did Caroline turn to me.

“Did you resolve everything, Charles?” Caroline asked with a smirk on her face.

“Not yet but these things take time don’t they?” I replied.

Caroline stepped to me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

“Yes, they do.” She said and kissed me.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Melanie, I thought that it was only recently that people could, with reasonable safety, run naked through the streets.
Warm hugs,
Paul.